Our philosophy is to provide a personalised care for each resident with a focus on maintaining dignity and respecting privacy. We encourage all our residents to be independent within their ability and provide many social activities to promote a warm, homely environment with support from each other and the staff. Each person is valued as an individual and has a personally tailored care plan which we make together with our residents and their loved ones.
We care for individuals over the age of 65 who require support including day, respite and convalescent care. We are also able to care for individuals with mild dementia and accept residents who are self funded or receive financial assistance from the local authority.
Spencer House Features:
- Our rooms are spread over 3 floors with stair lift access to all levels
- 1 shared room
- 6 en-suite single rooms
- 17 single rooms with shared bathroom facilities
- 8 toilets (3 with bathing facilities) throughout the home
- Call bell in all rooms
- 2 common lounge areas (ground and first floor); one with a piano for residents
- Communal dining areas on ground floor and first floor
- Large outdoor area with garden, patio and seating areas with gardening facilities
- Our home has wheelchair access for residents with limited mobility.
- Open visiting policy for friends and family (we kindly ask visitors to avoid meal times only; 11:30 - 14:00 & 16:00 - 17:30)